First, I should say I feel huge swell of blog posts coming. So yeah, you might start seeing posts on the daily. Anyway, here it goes…

Christ will keep you firm to the end so that you will be blameless on the day of our Lord Jesus Christ. If you are a Christian, God has begun a work in you and He will continue it till the very end. God is faithful and He has called you into fellowship with His son. His goal is not to make you happy. His goal is to make you his. His goal is not to get you what you want, but what you need.  And if that takes a jolt or two, then be jolted. Earthly discomfort is a glad swap for heavenly peace. 

In the name of Jesus, let’s agree with one another so that there are no divisions. We must be united in mind and thought. What I mean is this: Someone says: “I think Francis Chan is right”; another, “I think John Piper is right; another, “Timothy Keller has all the answers; still another, “ St. Augustine was the one who was right.” Is Christ divided? Was Francis Chan crucified for you? We were not baptized in the name of Piper or Platt, but instead in the name of Jesus. Christ did not send these teachers to baptize, but to preach the gospel—not with wisdom and eloquence, lest the cross of Christ should be emptied of its power. So please, let’s unite in love.

The gospel is foolishness to those who are drowning in sin; they are blinded. But we shouldn’t say we are better than them, because it was by the same grace that saved us that can save them. We have done nothing worthwhile; it was Christ working. So how can we boast except in the fact that Christ overpowered our pride? God says “I will destroy the wisdom of the wise; the intelligence of the intelligent I will frustrate.” To the world, the Christians are failures. They are weak. They allow others to trample all over them. They give away everything they have, more than they can spare. Those who are intelligent in the eyes of the world see the Christians as the fools. They tell themselves: “When one person has an imaginary friend, it is strange, but when a whole group, does it’s religion.” But we know the living God! He has demonstrated himself to us in power. He has made himself known. Friends, can't we just get over the confusion whether God is real or not? Either you know He is real or you deny it. There is no in between. Live accordingly. If just by my witness alone, believe! Christ is alive! Do you know Him?

And you know what the great thing is? The father knows me! Even greater, He loves me! HE loves me. What a joy it is to hear the words: “I know Jeremy. He is my son! I love Him!” Chills shoot through me as I see the Father smile in love and grace! And if you have been redeemed by Christ, the Father is constantly saying the same thing about you.

The world demands signs and wonders, but we preach Christ crucified: a stumbling block to those who are lost. Indeed, seeing does not lead to believing. The Jews saw miracles and still did not believe. No, believing is seeing. Until you give everything to follow cross, you will not see. Haters gon’ hate and Christians gon' love. For the foolishness of God (if there ever was such a thing) is wiser than human wisdom and the weakness of God is stronger than human strength.

Think of where we were when He called us. Many of us were not wise or noble (I sure wasn’t). We were trapped in our sin, lost in our self. But God chooses the low, the most despised, the weak and the lame to humble the proud, the powerful and the rich. It is because we are in Christ Jesus, who has become our wisdom, that we are a force for good and a force for God. He is our righteousness, our holiness and our redemption.

So if we boast, we boast in Him alone.