So I gave in and got a blog... I don't expect anyone to actually follow along as I rant about the flavor of the week, though I don't mind if anyone does. I suppose I am just writing this for myself. And now I feel like I am talking to myself. O well, sometimes my inner dialogue is pretty interesting... sometimes. Now on to the sugar induced reflection (mom's homemade cake... get's me every time).
I have noticed that we all have different methods for getting to the heart of God. I like to refer to them as spiritual doorways (not my own term). For me, I really get close to Jesus when I am submerged in reading and studying. If I don't find anything new to learn each day, my connection with God suffers. Likewise, another doorway of mine is activism. Constantly, I am ranting and preaching and espousing what I think needs to happen to glorify God; most of my ranting is just to myself. I have probably given full lectures while the shower, though I doubt they are coherent. It's interesting that we are all wired to connect with God through different mediums. Some find God through nature, others through music, others through solitude, others through conversation and still others through service. We all need to find those ways that really get us close to the heart of God, and once we do, it is crucial that we do them everyday. Every day is a battle; the very moment we forget that we are part of something greater serving Someone greater, we waste our time.
So this blogging is a product of my activist drive. I want you to listen. I want you to hear what I am saying. I want you to think I'm smart (although I'm working on that pride thing). But mostly, I want to point you to Christ. All words are pointless if they do not glorify God. I want to see the church love supernaturally. I want to see us all give ourselves as living sacrifices, blameless and set apart. I want to make disciples who make disciples who make disciples.
Are you still reading this? really? I would have figured you would have found something better to do. Maybe you just jumped to the bottom so you could feel like you read it. O well, I don't blame you. I do it all the time.
Finally, do you realize that this is the first generation since the beginning of the church where the responsibility of the Great Commission rests on everyone, not just the clergy. God is doing some monumental things right now. What if our generation's obedience ushered in the second coming of Christ? We are equipped. The Holy Spirit is doing his thang. Let's obey Christ.
Maybe success is measured best by our obedience.
-Love God, Love people-
Saturday, July 2, 2011
- Author name:
- Unknown
- Publish date:
- 9:13 AM
- Discussion:
- No comments
- Categories:
- Spiritual Gifts
0 comments:
Post a Comment