Dear
blog reader, I thank God every time I remember you. In all my prayers for all
of you, I pray with joy and humility because of your willingness to seek God and
the strange fact that you could find anything worthwhile in something I write. I know God has begun a good work in you and
He will carry it on to completion until Jesus returns. Until then, keep on going!
My
prayer for you now is that your love would grow more and more with knowledge
and insight so that you can tell what is best, what is pure, what is blameless,
and what is right. I pray that you are filled with the righteousness that comes
from Jesus alone—to the glory and praise of God.
Circumstances
Our
life is made of up certain circumstances. But too often we get caught up in
thinking our circumstances can prevent us from doing something worthwhile. “I
can’t do this. I don’t have enough money.” “I am not married.” “I am married” “I’m
not smart enough” “I can’t change. I have always been this way” “My parents
aren’t here” "I am too young” “I am too old”…
But
Paul shows us that our circumstances don’t
matter. Paul, who was locked away in one of the most painful prisons in the
land (Philippi) rejoiced in his affliction. He didn’t write to his brothers
and sisters and Christ to say “I am stuck here. You better pray that I get out.
I can’t spread the gospel until I get out of here. These circumstances aren’t
right.” Nope. Instead he said this:
Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters, that what has happened to me has actually served to
advance the gospel. 13 As a result, it has become clear throughout the whole
palace guard and to everyone else
that I am in chains for Christ. 14 And because of
my chains, most of the brothers and sisters have become confident in the Lord
and dare all the more to proclaim the gospel without fear.
Yes,
and I will continue to rejoice, 19 for I know that
through your prayers and God’s provision of the Spirit of Jesus Christ what has
happened to me will turn out for my deliverance. 20I
eagerly expect and hope that I will in no way be ashamed, but will have
sufficient courage so that now as always Christ will be exalted in my body,
whether by life or by death. 21 For to me, to live is Christ and to die is gain. 22 If
I am to go on living in the body, this will mean fruitful labor for me. Yet
what shall I choose? I do not know! 23 I am torn
between the two: I desire to depart and be with Christ, which is better by far; 24but
it is more necessary for you that I remain in the body. 25Convinced
of this, I know that I will remain, and I will continue with all of you for
your progress and joy in the faith, 26 so that
through my being with you again your boasting in Christ Jesus will abound on
account of me.
Paul
cries out that his circumstances don’t matter. God is not limited by circumstances. It’s the old mantra: Don’t tell God how big your problems are. Tell
your problems how big your God is. Because of Christ, everything that
happens to us is meant for His glory AND our good. Although it's true that God's
plans do not always work out in the ways we would prefer, it is amazing how
often we focus on the relatively few difficult circumstances of our lives and
tend to forget his repeated, loving acts of deliverance that occur so
regularly. God is in control. Nothing will enter your life that God does
not either decree or allow. And nothing will ever enter your life that, if you
are willing to trust him, he cannot work out for your good. He
is all-knowing, all-wise, infinite in his love. He's the king, and you're his
child. God is doing things that you don't understand, things that are deeper
and better and more wonderful than you imagined, but you must believe!
Absolutely refuse to worry. Whatever it means to be filled
to the brim with goodness and life, that's what God wants for you. He wants
that for you now, in this life, and he wants that for you forever. When
pleasures will move us toward that kind of life, that's what he gives. When
pain moves us toward it, that's what he gives. God stands ready with whatever
it takes to provide his children with abundant life.
Life
a Life Worthy of the Gospel
Whatever happens, whatever circumstances face you, act in a manner
that is worthy of the gospel of Christ. Though
saved, we are still sinners until He comes and completes His work. Therefore,
we need the Gospel everyday! We need meditate on what God has DONE not what we have done. So don’t be
frightened in any way by those who oppose you. If you are living the gospel people
will oppose you. Suffering and pain
and opposition are granted to you on behalf of Christ not only so you believe
in Him, but also that you might reveal His glory in the pain.
And
0 comments:
Post a Comment