Did the title catch you? Don’t stop reading now. Whether you have an incredible romantic relationship, incredible baggage from a relationship, or an incredible amount of time without one, I want to propose an incredible idea to you.

Think about the bliss of romance. Think about the absolute giddiness of having someone that you enjoy every second with. Think about the idea of being “crazy in love”. Do you have it? Sounds good right? Feels good, doesn’t it? Here's the cool thing: The maximum love you feel towards another guy or girl is only a shadow of Christ’s love for you. Jesus is absolutely giddy to be with the one he loves: His church, His people.

When you want nothing more to talk to that special someone, how much more does Christ want to talk with you!

When you yearn to be in that person’s presence no matter what it entails or costs, how much more does Christ yearn to be with you!

When that loved one is so far away and it absolutely drives you crazy, how much more does Christ hate it when His people are far from Him!

When you wish to share a moment, a touch, a passion with someone, how much more does Christ wish to share his presence with you!

When you create something special and you just want to show your loved one what you made for them, how much more does Christ woo you with His blessings, with the beauty of His creation, with the majesty of His presence!

When every thought of that person brings you joy, how much more does the thought of you bring joy to Christ!

When you are so quick to forgive that person you love, how much more is Christ willing to forgive you!

When you can’t stand a day without communicating with that person, how much more does Christ want to talk with you.

When just the slightest sight of that person makes every fiber of your body tingle, how much more beautiful are to you Christ!

When you are willing to spend anything to bring joy to that person, how much more is Christ willing to give to you (He gave you his life and eternally separated Himself from the Father’s love on your behalf)!

When the thought of that person you love with someone else brings you to a rage, how much more is Christ hurt and upset when you seek others before Him!

When you feel every ounce of happiness or pain of that person, how much more does Christ feel your emotion!

When you hate to see your loved one criticized, beleaguered or insulted, how much more does Christ hate to see his loved ones abused and assaulted by the father of lies! He took the cross so that no condemnation or criticism can hold us down.

Do you see what I am getting at? Can you smell what I am stepping in? The way we love a significant other is a mere drop of water in the Niagara Falls that is Christ’s love for us. When we are reading His word, we are reading it with him. When we are praying we are spending “quality time” with him. When we are worshipping, we are serenading him. It is a sacred romance. Think about all the little giddy joys you have ever had—or wanted to have—from a relationship, then apply them to Christ’s love for you. He loves you intimately. He knows you. He wants you to know Him back. To put it bluntly, we are unfaithful whores when it comes to being faithful to Christ. If we made our bed in Hell, he would come and stay the night. Do you understand just how much Christ loves you?

Even though my love for Rachel will fail her, Christ's love for me will never fail.Christ loves you more than you could ever love someone romantically. Christ is giddy to be with you. Does that shock your idea of who He is? Does that bring color to His face? Affection to his eyes?

I Like You
In romantic relationships, you often find yourself professing what you adore about each other. I like the way you do this. I like this about you or I like your passion to do this. I like when you do this or I like how you are this way. We all have an inner desire to adore and encourage the ones in which we feel affection towards. It doesn’t matter if they already know that you like their hair or beauty or patience, you feel compelled to tell them and they are delighted to hear. So if God is our greatest love and our strongest relationship, wouldn’t it make sense to tell Him what we like about Him? It seems I don’t do that enough. Here are a few things I like about my greatest love:

-          I like that He loves me for who I am, not how I perform.
-          I like how He never gets tired or weary.
-          I like how He understands the way every process in my body works.
-          I like the way He is patient with my stupidity.
-          I like that He is compassionate for the poor, the sick, the impaired, the least of these.
-          I like that He is such a mystery.
-          I like that the more I get to know Him, the more I want to know Him.
-          I like that though He is the most powerful, He is still humble.
-          I like that He has perfect humor. Sometimes we forget this.
-          I like when He comforts me when I feel horrible.
-          I like when he encourages me to be the best I can be.
-          I like that He frustrates the wisdom of the wise and allows the child to understand things so profound.
-          I like that He is just. I can trust that He we always take care of any situation fairly and fully.
-          I like that He is in control. There is no one else I would rather have as King.
-          I like that He takes delight in blessing me. I never deserve it.
-          I like how He is always three steps ahead of me (or more).
-          I like how He gives me what I need, not what I want.
-          I like that He is Holy. He is so worthy that no amount of my praise will do justice.
-          I like that He cares enough about me to discipline me.
-          I like that He actually listens to me, even if I don’t deserve an audience
-          I like that He is faithful. He never breaks His promises.
-          I like His love. The more I love His love, the more I seek His love, thus giving me more of His love. It is a beautiful cycle.
-          I like that He is victorious. He has already won the battle and I get to live in victory because of it.
-          I like that His thoughts, intentions, desires, and plans are always for my good and never for my harm.
-          I like that He is kind, open, approachable, frank, and eager to be my friend.
-          I like that He allows me to love others as well. He isn’t negatively jealous.
-          I like that if I start loving other idols, He brings me back to Himself. He is positively jealous.
-          I like that He is actively and creatively orchestrating people, circumstances, and events to express his affection and correction to provide for my highest good.
-          I like that He is strong in my weakness.
-          I like that He casts my sin as far as the east is from the west, never to return again.
-          I like that He is God and I am not.
-          I like that I can’t understand Him or control Him.
-          I like that He gives me a choice to love Him
-          I like that He gives me an opportunity to serve Him.
-          I like that He allows me in His presence to worship Him.
-          I like that He protects me from evils that I am not even aware of.
-          I like how He speaks to me, kind and gentle. Never loud or boisterous like the enemy.
-          I like how He constantly blows my mind, even when I think I have Him down.
-          I like that He is three personalities in one being. He is constant love and self-giving community.
-          I like that He isn’t even a he, but instead all the best qualities of both genders.
-          I like how He saved us all from ourselves, and created the greatest story ever known.

The list goes on and on.

Let’s tell God what we like about Him. If He is anything my fiance Rachel, He will be delighted to hear it even if He already knows it.

Let’s be madly in love with Christ, because He is madly in love with us.